Friday, July 25, 2008

WINTER DOWN UNDER

Our last six weeks have been interesting ones. We all got bronchitis and between the five of us I think we have managed to use New Zealands supply of tissues several times over. The baby spent a few days in the hospital to watch his breathing, I think maybe we all should have been in there at the same time. Well after several doses of antibiotics we have all come right now. Baby Karlos is now 7 weeks old and a whopping 14 pounds. Wow. He sure loves his milk. He is a great baby, always happy and loves getting kisses from his little brothers and smiling for his parents. I am now almost a pro at changing dirty diapers, which seem to get filled up when I take them off to change them making life more interesting for me. I have not been squirted in the face yet but am getting myself prepared for the day. Well as I write this a tropical storm has just hit us and our lawn is starting to turn into a lake so I better go check on things and make sure our boat will get us out of the house if it keeps raining. Exciting times in Paradise.




6 comments:

Mr. M said...

Hey Dean,
I got your message. Most the family is in MN. I'm just the only one at home so I haven't been around much. The family comes home on Tues. My big M.S. project is due that Wed. Things will be more calm after that.

I'm excited about December. Should be loads of fun. :)

Joneel said...

Oh My, Karlos is so big already. Way to go!! So sorry to hear about the sicknesses. That is NO FUN !!

Erin said...

I think that little guy looks just like his daddy! Glad to hear that you survived bronchitis and hope you haven't all floated away by now. I, too, am excited about December:)

Anonymous said...

Good gravy Dean...are you sure those aren't your own baby pictures? He does look quite a bit like you. Don't worry, in a few months he will look like his mommy. :) Hee hee.

Thanks for the update. Send my love to the boys and Khali...and you! Glad you are feeling better.

Auntie Natalie

OceanSwells said...

Nice to find your blog, Dean. Congrats on the new kid. Carol and I are expecting our second toward the end of January. Hope the diaper changing doesn't get too far ahead of you.

-Kevin and Carol

Unknown said...

So cute! Your boys are sooooo cute!! I cannot believe Karlos is so big already, even with bronchitis. What a sweet family! Poor Khali in a house full of guys. I can relate.